UID 2696
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9
Posts 5
点点分 9
Reading Access 10
Registered 2006-10-2
Status Offline
Post at 2006-10-2 18:55  Profile | Blog | P.M. 
English as default language

The component editors of the multilanguage system are in Chinese although the wizard pack is set in English.
Wouldn't it be better to default to english when the language fails to find anything?

Btw, English comments (instead Chinese) in the source code would be easier to understand for non-chinese people, like I am.
Is there a particular reason why Chinese is chosen as default language, apart from it being the mother language of (most of?) the programmers? Choosing English as default would open up feedback from other programmers. Currently I'm kind of reluctant to dive into the source code, since I can't understand any of the comments, making it harder to read and understand the source code.
bravecobra
新警察

UID 2696
Digest Posts 0
Credits 9
Posts 5
点点分 9
Reading Access 10
Registered 2006-10-2
Status Offline
Post at 2006-10-2 19:24  Profile | Blog | P.M. 
Ok, mixing 2 things here. The component pack and the wizards...
It seems the component pack was still in Chinese. Changed the compiler directive and found there are a lot of missing resourcestrings in the non-Chinese version.
Since I don't speak chinese I can't translate them. Would it be possible to have a translated non-Chinese compiling version ofthe component pack, please? Tnx.
Passion (LiuXiao)
管理员

UID 359
Digest Posts 19
Credits 6750
Posts 3551
点点分 6750
Reading Access 102
Registered 2004-3-28
Status Offline
Post at 2006-10-2 19:55  Profile | Blog | P.M. 
Sorry for inconvinience. Our component package does not support dynamic multilanguage feature now.
But we have a lang\1033 directory in cnpack\Source, if you copy the consts files to upper directories and overwrite those chinese one and rebuild, you can got an English UI component package. (Maybe some are not completely translated to English...)