CnPack Forum » CnWizards IDE Wizards » Problem with Uses Cleaner - at a big project - it happends nothing or exception

2005-12-1 06:29 Ladislav.Nagy
Problem with Uses Cleaner - at a big project - it happends nothing or exception

Hi,
I tried to run "Uses Cleaner" to a project that contains about 930 our units. When I click on button "Process" it's working for about 2 minutes but then it happens nothing (there doesn't come any window) or there comes an exception "Error creating form: System Error.  Code: 14. There is not enough space to finish the operation." The Delphi are quite unstable after that exception and must be restarted.

I tried to go step by step through the individual units ("Current unit"). It works properly, I get always a window and can click on a button "Clean".
I tried the functionality on an other smaller project. It worked properly.

Could somebody help me?
Thank you very much.
Ladislav Nagy

[[i] Last edited by Ladislav.Nagy on 2005-12-1 at 00:16 [/i]]

2005-12-2 08:41 zjy
How big project!

I think the cause of this problem is your project contains too many units. When "Uses Cleaner" processes a project, it needs to open all units for scanning and modification. You can try to open all units from "Unit List". If the error occurs also, then the problem is the resource limit of IDE.

If this is true, we'll try to use other method to fix it.

2005-12-2 16:08 Ladislav.Nagy
Resource limit of Delphi IDE

Thank you for your fast answer.
You are right the problem occurs also when I try to open all units at the same time. The Delphi opens about 1/3 of the units and then I get the described exception.

2006-1-5 04:49 Ladislav.Nagy
Suggestion - a possible solution

When it won't be possible to change a way of processing (creating of all units and forms) in an easy way then it would be perhaps possible to allow user to define a list of the units which uses should be cleaned.
It means a fourth possibility in the form "Uses unit cleaner" in the section "Select Content to Process" would be something like "only named units".
For cleaning of big projects will be then necessary to run the cleaner more times (extracting of unit names is with any macro-editor - e.g. Delphi-editor very simple).
What do you think about it?
Any solution is welcome.
Thank you very much.
Ladislav Nagy

2006-1-5 09:39 zjy
A nice suggestion

Now we've added an option to allow user to process opened units only. So you can first use "List Units" to open some units, then process "Opened Units" in cleaner, and repeat these  for cleaning a big projects.

You can download the latest unstable version for testing:
[url]http://www.cnpack.org/downbuilds.php?lang=en[/url]

2006-1-24 16:40 Ladislav.Nagy
Thank you !

Thank you, it works good !

With the best regards
Ladislav Nagy

页: [1]